Ashford University Online Associate Faculty - Finance in United States
The Online Associate Faculty position is a part-time, temporary adjunct employment opportunity. The Online Associate Faculty member performs duties relating to online instruction including but not limited to: posting faculty guidance and expectations, participating in classroom discussion boards, grading assignments, and promptly responding to student inquiries. This is an online adjunct teaching position and reports to the Executive Dean. Other duties may be assigned according to experience and qualifications.
Essential Job Duties:
· Emphasize a student-centered learning environment through active engagement.
· Collaborate within the University community to ensure a positive overall experience for all University students, including the following: the Office of Access and Wellness to holistically support student success in the classroom by implementing university-approved accommodations, the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning to foster professional growth as it relates to successful teaching for the Ashford student population, and the Student Records department to maintain timely and accurate student records.
· Adhere to all faculty requirements such as facilitating and engaging in classroom discussion boards, grading assignments and responding to student inquiries in a timely manner.
One professional development is required to be completed per course taught. Examples are synchronous faculty development opportunities, webinars, etc.
· Establishing Relationships: Creatively uses available tools and strategies to enhance relationships, creating a community of learners willing to take risks and actively engage with one another
· Critical Thinking: Consistently fosters critical thinking through challenging students to elaborate on their thoughts, question their assumptions, examine biases, communicate in a clear and concise manner, and defend their positions throughout the course
· Instructive Feedback to Students: Provides instructive feedback that challenges and inspires students while providing specific suggestions to improve the quality of their work and thinking
· High Expectations: Effectively demonstrates high expectations throughout the course, while holding students accountable for insightful exchanges and high quality performance on assignments, and promoting active engagement in their own learning
· Demonstrating Instructor Expertise: Effectively and consistently utilizes expertise in subject matter by providing personal experiences, connecting course knowledge to real-world examples. Enhances course content and resources to encourage student comprehension and application of course learning outcomes
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
· Dissertation Faculty
- Dissertation Faculty ensure that students have done all that is necessary to develop and conduct a study and write a quality dissertation by: assessing students’ capability to undertake and defend a dissertation study, evaluating the dissertation proposal, advising students on the selection of other committee members, acting as a liaison between students and other Dissertation Committee members, and assisting students in submitting an appropriate IRB application. Dissertation Faculty might also serve as a Dissertation Committee member.
Residence and eligibility to work in the United States
Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
Work related experience in the area of your Master’s Degree
Proficiency in common internet tools, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Commitment to teaching in an online environment
One must meet the following requirements to serve as a Dissertation Committee Faculty
Have an appropriate terminal degree (such as PhD, PsyD, EdD, etc.), as determined by the Dean;
Possess a detailed understanding of and experience with at least one of the following methodologies: qualitative, quantitative, and/or mixed methods designs.
· Charted Financial Analyst credential
· College level teaching experience
· Doctorate degree in related field
· Experience teaching in area of degree
· Experience teaching in the online classroom
· Experience teaching in “non-traditional” settings to students.
· Preferred qualifications to serve on a Dissertation Committee:
Previous experience as Dissertation Faculty at a regionally accredited college or university;
Dissertation Faculty and/or committee work experience with online student populations;
Proven record of leading doctoral students to complete the dissertation process
· Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
· Doctorate Degree Required for Doctoral and Dissertation Offerings
Where heritage meets innovation – that’s Ashford University. At Ashford, students discover relevant degree programs, innovative technology, and cherished tradition. Ashford offers associate, bachelor’s, and master’s online degree programs. For more information, please visit www.ashford.edu, www.facebook.com/ashforduniversity or www.twitter.com/AshfordU.
Equity – We have inclusion and mutual respect. We learn from one another and commit to the advancement of an inclusive culture in which every individual is treated with dignity and fairness.
Empowerment – We are inspiring and enabling. We give individuals the tools they need to achieve their goals.
Quality – We are unsurpassed and have a high caliber. We are consistently striving for the highest quality.
Ingenuity – We are inventive and proactive. We thrive on positive disruption and strive to continuously improve.
Guidance – We are encouraging and supportive. We provide a nurturing environment for faculty, staff and students to learn and grow.